Effective: April 20, 2020
This Policy applies to all of Linear Squared websites, products and services, and any point of contact you might have with Linear Squared. We define the following as our websites:
- linearsquared.com and its subdomains
- capacitysquared.com and its subdomains
- forecastsquared.com and its subdomains
We define the following as our “Online Services”
- CAPACITY Squared Online Service
- FORECAST Squared Online Service
- RETENTION Squared Online Service
We define the following as our “Licensed Products”:
- CAPACITY Squared Planning Tool
- FORECAST Squared Planning Suite
- RETENTION Squared Suite
This document is a sister-document to our End User License Agreements (EULA) & Terms of Service documents. Please make sure you read both carefully before accessing or using a Linear Squared Online Service or Licensed Products. This document informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your data when you use our websites, products, and service and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
1. Our Commitment to Privacy
2. Who We Are
Linear Squared is a company incorporated in Singapore. We are focused on developing products and services. We believe in forming long-term relationships with our customers, our employees, and our communities. It all starts with trust.
3. Data We Collect and How We Use It
Below is a complete description of the data we collect, and what we do with the data. If it’s not listed here or in our EULA or Terms of Service, we don’t do it.
3.1 Personal Data
- We call data that identifies — or that could reasonably be used to identify — you as an individual as “Personal Data”. This personal data includes:
- Contact details, such as name, email address, postal
- Transaction and Billing Information such as credit/debit card number, account numbers
- Other personal data, such as IP address.
3.2 Corporate Data
- We call data that identifies — or that could reasonably be used to identify — your company, institution, corporate as “Corporate Data”. This corporate data includes:
- Company details, such as company name, address, company registration details, registered logo, contact numbers
- Company office, branch or plant details such as addresses, contact numbers
- Company employee details such as employee name, designation, contact number
- IT infrastructure details such as server IP addresses, communication ports
- Transaction and Billing Information such as credit/debit card number, account numbers, billing addresses
Our Licensed Products do not “call home”, nor transmit any data to our servers. Therefore, mainly collected above data is only collected for our on-line services. Some basic information on company details may be held by us for licensed products.
3.3 Business Data
We call data that are related to the functionality of products and services as “Business Data”. This business data includes:
- Product master information
- Sales and demand volume information on your products/services and associate
- information on attributes that considered as influences of sales and demand
- Forecast and projections of sales and demand done by you
- Bill and transaction information between your company and your clients
- Purchase order information between your company and your suppliers
- Delivery information between your company and your suppliers
- Product supply chain information
- Production or supply order information your company has received
- Product manufacturing information
- Manufacturing plant information
- Information about users of Linear Squared product and services
Our Licensed Products do not “call home”, nor transmit any data to our servers. Therefore, the above data is only collected for our on-line services.
3.5 Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by an internet browser or through a mobile device. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When we store passwords, we never store them in the clear. No-one can see them. We either save them in our database using best-practice cryptographic hashing or go through a 3rd party authentication provider. It is your sole responsibility to keep your user name, password, and other sensitive information confidential. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, you must notify Linear Squared immediately. If you forget your password, we send you a secure link via email that lets you reset it.
3.7 User Account Information
We have the concept of a “User Account”, we store your name, email address, and if you upload it, a photo to use as your avatar. We use this information to identify you as a user of our product and services.
3.8 Data on License Products
Our Licensed Products do not “call home”, nor transmit any data to our servers. The only personal data we store for license products is related to the purchase transaction information
3.9 Communications with Us
If you send us an email to an address that ends in ‘@linearsquared.com’, or uses one of the online forms on our website www.linearsquared.com, we collect your name and email address and any additional information and documents you send us in your correspondence. We keep that data in our help desk indefinitely. Customer interaction history helps us provide you with better customer service and helps us research how to improve our products and services. We also use this information to proactively contact you if we see from our logs that you’re having an issue with our Services, or if we resolved an issue you reported. If you had expressed interest in them, we also email you to notify you of beta programs or user research interviews.
3.10 Online Forms on www.linearsquared.com
If you have applied for a job or a demonstration, we ask you to enter your name and email address so that we can get back to you, as well as any application information you wish to provide in response to our questions.
3.11 Visiting Our Online Services
We use Google Analytics to help us in our marketing and product design efforts, but we only track aggregate data. The Google Analytics code we use saves two cookies on your computer. You can delete or block those any time you wish, our website will continue to work. We collect the IP addresses of everyone who visits our site or uses our services. This information is used for debugging and DDOS prevention.
4. Third-Party Vendors
In order to keep your data as secure as possible, we don’t own any servers of our own. Instead, we rely on best-in-class third-party services to store your data more securely than we would be able to do ourselves. Here’s the list of the vendors we use, and links to their privacy policies:
|Microsoft Azure Web Service||Host our software and databases||Microsoft Azure legal Information|
5. How to Access or Control Your Data
If you have any questions or concerns about how your Personal Data is processed, or if you want a copy of your data, or want to rectify it or delete it (to the extent that’s possible by law), don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com. Linear Squared services give you a way to access your personal information and correct it, via user settings or a billing page. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. We will respond as quickly as possible, and certainly within 30 days. We need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
6. Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. If we become aware of a data breach that affects your personal data, we will notify you (and the appropriate national supervisory authorities) within 72 hours.
7. Who Can See Schedules, Plans, Forecasts, or Other Reports Generated?
Our Licensed Products do not “call home”, nor transmit any data to our servers. So only you and employees of your organization have access to above. For the Linear Squared products that have the concept of owners, they will be able to see your schedules, plans, forecasts, or other reports generated as well. For Online Services some Linear Squared employees will also have access, according to the following guidelines:
- We restrict who at Linear Squared can access customer data to only senior members of the team, and never to outside parties.
- We only access your data in response to a customer support question, or to debug and fix an issue.
- We never make changes to anything unless explicitly requested by you.
- We never share what we see with other customers, the general public, or the rest of the Linear Squared staff.
- We might give access to government, law, and order authorities if requested in writing. We’ll try not to, but we don’t have the resources to fight the government. We’ll also keep you informed as much as we can if this happens.
8. Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our Online Service or Licensed Product from those we actually know are under 16, and no part of our Online Service or Licensed Product is structured to attract anyone under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal data, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Contact Linear Squared
Singapore Office: No. 9, Raffles Place #27-00, Republic Plaza, Singapore 048619
Sri Lanka Office: No. 63/1, Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.